Well, what a wonderful time we have had since I last wrote the Blog. Ryan and Ruth came out to see us and were the most fantastic visitors. They really enjoyed all that this area had to offer and spent a couple of days in Beijing too - doing the Wall and lots and lots of shopping! They were good sports - came into school to be interviewed by the students learning English - mine and a more advanced group. The results of that one are on the school's website in the Newsletter.
Dave and I have been working hard. My students were tested just before we broke up and had some great results so I have been offered another temporary contract for next term. Obviously I thought about it for all of a minute and agreed to take it on again.
The run up to Christmas has been very exciting with lots of eating and drinking. It all started with our American friends inviting us for Thanksgiving at the end of November and we haven't looked back.
We have had some amazing news to round off the year - more on that in the next blog.
Yesterday we woke to see snow all around us. It is such a rare sight here in this part of China. It's been very cold and the wind has not helped at all - straight from Mongolia and it really, really feels like that!
Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year (we are off to Sydney). See you in January.

No comments:
Post a Comment